If you haven’t entered the world of dating just yet but you are about to, please prepare for a ride that is going to be fun, annoying, scary, sad, happy nerve wracking and frustrating. The process is a roller coaster that you will love or hate, depending on the situation but as long as you play it smart, you have the chance to love it more than you hate it. There are a few things that you should know about dating before you really get a taste of this world and we would like to share those with you. Check them out and we know that things will turn out to be just great.
1. Set standards, but not too high. Don’t be overly picky. Of course that you deserve the best but the dream guy in your head might not exist in reality. If you set standards that cannot be reached in reality, then you will only experience disappointments.
2. The dream guy might not be in your favorite coffee shop. Of course that the perfect scenario for finding Mr. Right is to meet him in a coffee shop. Well, he might be at the supermarket or at the laundry shop, doing his laundry, just like a typical Mr. Right would do when he’s not in coffee shops. It is all right to be romantic but things might not happen the way you dream them to. Of course, there is a possibility for this to turn out exactly how you pictured it but also consider other options.
3. Learn when to say ‘’I Love You’’. There is a time that is just right for saying the three magic words and if you say them too early, you might scare him, no matter how much he likes you. Learn that sometimes, ‘’I love you’’ can also break a relationship instead of making it.
4. Google someone before you date him. You can’t imagine how much precious information Google can hide, so take advantage of this to the fullest. You might not even want to go on that first date after reading the information that Google will share.
5. Some exes will deserve your friendship, others won’t. Learn how to make the difference because it will save you from a lot of unpleasant situations.
6. Bad breakups will be hard for a while but they will help you become a better, stronger person. You just have to get the learning curve from each of these bad breakups.
7. Don’t open your heart from the very first date. You don’t yet know to whom you are doing this, so it is best to protect yourself. Yes, the person might deserve you opening up but he might be a douche. Figure that out before you start putting your life on the wall.
Dating can be hard but it will also be fun and exciting. Of course, you need just a bit of luck in order to avoid bad experience but if they happen, take them as teaching lessons and nothing more.