Relationships. Can’t do with them, can’t do without them. We all have them and we all realized how hard they are. However, given their beauty, they are worth the risk and the effort. If you’re quite new to relationships and still learning, this article will teach you a bit more about the goals and the stages that any relationship should go through in order to become strong, healthy and successful. Try to apply these in your relationship and you will see that things will turn out just right.
1. Infatuation- It might sound a bit mischievous but this is the stage that we all enjoy. It is that stage at which you feel butterflies in your stomach and your heart beats a bit faster each time your phone rings. It is fun, it is exciting and you should submerse in it.
2. Disturbance- This is an unpleasant but very normal stage and we all have to go through it if we want to grow. It is the stage during which you return to your routine and normal life sets back in. it is the stage at which you get annoyed by little, unimportant things such as how your partner chews, for example. This is a learning stage for the both of you, as you have to learn how to accept each other, how not to disturb each other and how to stay kind to one another. It is a stage that will help you tremendously grow as a couple.
3. Changing- This is another stage that every single couple goes through. Sometimes there is only one of the partner who experiences some changes, other times there is one partner who asks the other one to do it. Of course that this brings tension and issues in the relationship and if you manage to make it through, then you’re in a good place with high hopes for a long future together.
4. No lies- A strong, healthy relationship is one that you keep simple and one in which there are no lies involved. Learn to honestly talk about anything, big or small and you’ll experience the positive effects.
5. Have fun together- Serious conversations are important and necessary but it is also important to have fun once in a while. Just the two of you. Be silly, tell jokes and play games; this will help you both be happy. You don’t have to be emotional or romantic all the time. There are other feelings and emotions to experience and having simple, genuine fun is one of them.
Learn to set expectations around these goals and you’ll see your relationship growing up nicely. Keep a steady pace and you will both feel like you are, indeed, growing, not just ticking steps at a speed that doesn’t suit you both. Relationships are about compromises and difficult moments but they are also the ones which will bring you the best memories in life. Learn to handle yours with honesty and sensibility and you’ll get far.